Your chance to WIN flowers on International Womens Day!
Today is International Women’s Day which will see Manchester host its first festival in support of amazing women across the world. The movement is one that has really gained momentum in recent years celebrating not only the achievements of women but at the same time calling for true quality between genders, something I struggle believing is still on the table in 2017!
One campaign that caught our attention this year is the #DayWithoutAWoman drive, kicking off stateside but with likely powerful ripples across the pond. The challenge is to assess the impact of a world without a woman’s contribution, both professionally and domestically. It caused quite a discussion in the shop I can tell you!
So, we thought we’d get your input into the discussion and host our very own competition on Facebook. Head over there today and comment on what will see you downing tools for the day. Doing the school run? Instigating the brew round? Making the bed? Picking up milk on the way home? Clearly, we’re keeping it light-hearted but be in no doubt of the vitally important contribution you make to the lives of those around you and beyond!
Enter now! You have until midnight to leave your comment and be in with a chance of winning this stunning Mixed Spring Bouquet worth £60. Jam-packed with bold blooms of ranunculus, stocks and tulips, it makes a pretty and fitting tribute to the overarching IWD theme of #BeBoldForChange.
Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter is: The Flower Lounge (company no.7523714) whose registered office is at 75-77 Buccleuch Street, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA14 1QQ
2. The competition is open to females based in Didsbury, Manchester and its surrounding areas up to a radius of 2 miles of M20, aged 18 years or over except employees of The Flower Lounge and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and is via Facebook [facebook.com/didsburyflowerlounge] and details of how to enter are below.
6. Multiple entries by the same person are allowed but we discourage repeat entries i.e. the same comment or post.
7. Closing date for entry will be midnight on Wednesday 8th March. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
In celebration of International Women’s Day, we want to know what you’re taking a break from in support of the #DayWithoutAWoman campaign. We’re looking for the most creative or entertaining ending to the sentence:
Today, I am taking a stand and will not…
written as a comment in the Facebook post relating to the competition.
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control.
11. The Flower Lounge shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
12. The Flower Lounge also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
13. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
14. The prize is as follows:
A FREE £60.00 arrangement delivered to an address within 2 miles radius of M20 or collected from our shop in Didsbury. Subject to availability of flowers, The Flower Lounge cannot guarantee the prize shown will be the same as the prize awarded. All images of prizes are shown for illustrative purposes only. The Flower Lounge reserves the right to substitute at their discretion. Deliveries made at a mutually convenient time to suit both the winner and The Flower Lounge.
15. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
16. Winners will be chosen by The Flower Lounge from all complete entries via Facebook.
17. The winner will be announced and tagged via Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
18. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize is delivered.
19. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
21. The winner agrees to the use of her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
22. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: [email protected]