Win A Giant Penguin!
We have slightly fallen in love with this not so little guy in our shop window! A 75cm tall penguin covered in soft, downy feathers and stealing the hearts of all passers-by.
He’s part of our newly launched Christmas range which includes many more statement pieces like him as well as our popular wreaths, baubles, hanging decorations and fresh displays.
But he has no name and is looking for a new home! Not that we wouldn’t keep him in a heartbeat, but there’s not enough space in our back room and Charlie, our shop dog, is eying him up suspiciously!
So we’ve launched a competition! Give our penguin a new and fitting name and he could be yours!
Kids, simply download this entry sheet, brighten his day by colouring him in, choose a name, then ask mum or dad to bring you along to pop in our post box. Adults, we know you don’t want to miss out, so you can enter too via a naming slip in store (you big kids!)
All terms and conditions of entry below – good luck!
Penguin competition t&cs
- The promoter is: The Flower Lounge (company no.7523714) whose registered office is at 75-77 Buccleuch Street, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA14 1QQ
- The competition is open to everyone except employees of The Flower Lounge and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition is via dropping a completed entry into the post box at the shop whose address is The Flower Lounge, 98 Barlow Moor Road, Didsbury, Manchester, M20 2PN. Details of how to enter are here below.
- Multiple entries by the same person are allowed but we discourage repeat entries i.e. the same name.
- Closing date for entry will be 15th December 2017. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
We've adopted a lost penguin - he has no name and is looking for a new home. Brighten his day by colouring him in, give him a name and you may be the lucky winner of a giant penguin this Christmas! Post your name suggestion (and colouring) into the post box and we’ll judge which one seems the most fitting for him.
- The entrant must provide their full name and a contact number in order for their entry to be valid. Entries without will be deemed invalid.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control.
- The Flower Lounge shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- The Flower Lounge also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows:
A 75cm giant penguin, currently displayed in the shop window of The Flower Lounge and looking for a new home.
- The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen by The Flower Lounge from all complete entries posted in store.
- The winner will be announced via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner and deliver within 5 miles of the shop or winner can collect from store.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: [email protected]